Exam candidates who can effectively show hardship in taking the NESTA PFT Exam at a PSI testing center (e.g. due to travel distances greater than 2 ½ hours driving time or 100+ miles) within the required 90 day exam preparation period will be allowed the opportunity for a privately proctored exam.
Candidates will need to complete and submit a Proctor Petition and Application found in the External (non-PSI) Proctor Information/Application at our forms page.
Private Proctor Training-Qualifications
Proctors include teachers, professors, librarians, fitness managers or other acceptable professionals who have neither a business nor personal relationship with the exam candidate. It is the responsibility of the exam candidate to find a proctor that is acceptable to NESTA by filling out and submitting the External (non-PSI) Proctor Information/Application at least 30 days prior to preferred exam date or exam deadline. Testing location, must also meet guidelines as explained in the External (non-PSI) Proctor Information/Application. Students must of access to a computer and a secure, reliable internet connection in order to take the test. Failure to submit a completed proctor agreement 30 days prior to exam schedule date or exam deadline may result in a loss of examination opportunity and forfeiture of exam fees. The External (non-PSI) Proctor Information/Application is available at http://pft.nestacertified.com/nesta-personal-fitness-trainer-certification-forms/
Individuals who will be responsible for proctoring tests will be required to adhere to the guidelines established by the company administrator.
- Proctors should be reliable, punctual, detail-oriented and able to deal effectively with people in difficult situations
- To administer the exam, the proctor must be able to read and speak English and be familiar with the relevant test administration protocols as well as exam security procedures. Additionally they must understand the concepts of standardized testing, the importance of test security and implications of testing irregularities
- Proctors may NOT be related, associated or affiliated with any individual taking the exam.
- Proctor may NOT have a personal interest in the outcome of the candidate
- Proctors must be familiar with the test facility accommodations, including emergency exits and protocols
- Cannot be directly associated with NESTA PFT program management or educational staff
The following steps must be taken prior to releasing the NESTA PFT exam:
- To apply, please download and print the NESTA PFT Proctor Agreement Form.
- Pay the $45 private proctor fee.
- The proctor must submit the required form along with a copy of their photo ID.
- The NESTA ECB will review the application and will determine eligibility.
- Notification of decision will be emailed along with additional instructions.